4 Secret Questions You Should Ask an Agent Before Hiring Them


Have you ever wondered which questions to ask an agent before signing up with them? Learn what they are here.

Today I’ll share four secret questions you should be asking an agent before you work with them. No matter if you’re buying or selling, these questions are very important:

1. “How many homes have you personally sold?” All of us agents were new at some point, and there are some fantastic agents out there in the market who are working hard to sell real estate. The important question for YOU to consider, then, is whether you want your home to be the first your agent has ever sold. I’m not really sure that’s something you’d want to do or not. Frankly, I didn’t know what I was doing with the first home I sold. Now that I’ve sold nearly 4,000 houses, I know what I’m doing.

2. “What is your average days on market?” Some agents don’t know that number at all; it would worry me a little bit to see an agent who didn’t know how long it took for a house to sell on average. For the past 32 years, the average days on market for homes my team has sold has been 56 days!


Do you really want your home to be the first an agent has ever sold?

3. “Do you work as part of a team?” I’m a little biased on this front since I’ve had a team working with me for over 25 years. Having a team to assist you as a buyer or a seller is such a great tool to be sure that everything is done properly.

4. “Besides the MLS, how will you promote my home?” In real estate, agents sometimes say that there are three “P”s to selling a home: Put a sign in the yard, put it on the MLS, and pray. Those things are great, but there’s actually a fourth “P”: proactive. How will your agent be proactive about marketing your home? For every unique home, there’s a unique way to promote it, so choose an agent who knows how to market a home to the widest possible audience.

If you’re thinking of selling your home, the Charlotte Mabry Team would love to talk to you more about how we’ll help sell your home quickly and for the most money. Just reach out to us and we’ll show you what we can do.

No comments :

Post a Comment